What Happens When We Don't Forgive and When We Do Forgive
If you have joined our mailing list in the middle of this topic, you can go to Previous Nuggets to read archives.
What happens when we hang on to forgiveness?
1. If we harbor unforgiveness, there is no way we can see reality–all we have is our own subjective perceptions.
2. When we hang on to unforgiveness, our discernment comes warped because we interpret issues from a childish point of view.
3. Choosing to be unforgiving causes us to fall short of the grace of God.
4. When we hang on to unforgiveness, our sin comes back on us and must be dealt with again and again.
5. Unwillingness to forgive affects our ability to confront others and to receive correction.
6. If we fail to forgive each other, it makes us vulnerable to attack by satan.
7. Hanging on to unforgiveness creates in us the necessity to build and maintain a façade.
8. Holding on to unforgiveness produces physical, emotional, and spiritual exhaustion.
What happens when we let Jesus restore unity through the joys of unforgiveness?
1. When Jesus cleans us from the inside out, forgiveness transforms us.
2. Those who live in forgiveness are given real spiritual authority.
3. Living in forgiveness means we will come into rest and freedom.
So which do you want? Do you want to be transformed, walk in the authority of Jesus, and experience rest and freedom; or, have warped discernment, fall short of the grace of God, be open to the attacks of satan, and living in exhaustion. The choice is yours. It is a choice to forgive. And it is a process, not a one time event. We must chose to forgive over and over again. God is calling us to a lifestyle of forgiveness.
I am trusting that someone who has read these Spiritual Nuggets on forgiveness will apply the principles in their life and the world around them will be changed. It would be great to hear your testimony.
Our next subject will on "Living a Disciplined Life".
To the world, you may just be somebody...but to somebody, you may be the world.
Join our Inspirational Stories
Join our Clean Jokes
Ask for Prayer
Spiritual Seekers Page
Become an In His Steps Member
SANDALS that share the gospel
Richard D. Dover
In His Steps Ministries
Unsubscribe: Go to www.creatingfutures.net/list.html